Hi, I'm Alina.
I'm a design consultant based in Sydney, Australia. I live and breathe design strategy and execution. I believe we owe it to ourselves, our clients and broader society to act with integrity and respect. This means I don't shy away from asking hard questions or answering them for that matter (having worked in client services for quite some time gives you a thick skin).
Over the last decade, I’ve worked on UX and service design, data analytics, software development and business analysis in retail, healthcare, banking, media, entertainment, hospitality, logistics and education.
I’ve been lucky enough to be able to attribute to the success of the world’s leading logistics software (CargoWise One), to be involved in redesign of ITSM processes in one of the big four Australian banks (Westpac) and to establish my own retail brand (Alina Van Shoes). These days, design strategy and execution are my 9 to 5 (well, more of 24/7 really).
Most recently, I led service design efforts for Australian owned and operated chain of quick service restaurants Lamb & Cumin Australia.
Apart from my research and design work, I enjoy teaching. Previously, I tutored software development at the University of Technology, Sydney. These days, I run workshops on Design Thinking and fundamentals of UX and service design.
A few career highlights:
- 36% reduction in customer order wait time and over 47% increase in average total per transaction for Lamb & Cumin Australia;
- University Medal and First Class Honours from the University of Technology, Sydney;
- Enterprise Services Leading Lights Award from Commonwealth Bank of Australia;
- Honours research paper presented at the 9th Australasian Data Mining Conference and published by the Australian Computer Society (ACS);
- Over 75% productivity gain in weekly Enterprise Incident Management reporting process for Westpac Banking Group;
- Alina Van shoes and bags featured in Mornings with Kerri-Anne, SMH Good Weekend, Cosmopolitan, CLEO and New Idea.
Please feel free to get in touch to discuss all things design and tech. At the moment, I’m available for short-term engagements, i.e. present or conduct workshops on UX and service design.
Thanks for stopping by,